Do you enjoy creating brilliant content? Do you love the idea of supporting women to enjoy the physical and mental health benefits of running? Women’s Running is the UK’s only running brand dedicated to women, and we offer advice and inspiration to women of all abilities through our magazine and our digital channels. We are passionate about encouraging all women to run, and we need your help to grow our voice and our reach in 2021.
We’re looking for a part-time digital assistant for Women’s Running to help grow and maintain our audience. Women’s Running is not just a magazine; it’s also a podcast, a website, and numerous social channels. We communicate to our audience via these channels, and also via e-newsletters. We’re recruiting for a digital assistant to work two days a week spread across four days, assisting the Digital Editor and the Editor. We are happy to consider remote working, and there is some flexibility in those times, although the hours do need to sit within usual office hours.
The Digital Assistant will help the Editor, the Digital Editor and the Senior Advertising Executive with tasks across the digital board. The main function of the role will be fulfilling commercial e-newsletters that we send out on behalf of clients to our audience, which includes a good understanding of Photoshop, our email client Adestra, as well as marketing copywriting. There could be some communication needed directly with the clients, so availability during office hours is a must.
The job also includes writing engaging articles for our website, which will be broadcast across our channels. These are most often from press releases, and the Digital Assistant will need to be able to convert them into house style, with engaging headlines and calls to action. This will also include formatting the stories for web, sourcing imagery where needed, using WordPress, including adding a meta description and choosing keywords.
There will be some degree of self-management too: in which the Digital Assistant will be asked to research the stories and people making headlines in the running industry so that Women’s Running is first with the news that matters to its audience. This could occasionally call for athlete interviews.
The Digital Assistant needs to be a quick worker, happy to pick up new skills on the fly, and able to think out of the box.
– Fulfilling digital advertising campaigns for Women’s Running through social posts, web posts and third party emails
– Writing engaging pieces for web from running industry press releases
– Formatting them for web, using WordPress, including adding a meta description and choosing an appropriate keyword
– Selecting appropriate images and making sure they’re fit for web
– Making any amends to commercial pieces as per client’s wishes
– Researching news stories applicable to the Women’s Running audience
– Communication with clients and the team
– Ability to pick up new digital skills quickly
– Ability to write quickly and concisely
– Excellent grasp of grammar and a wide vocabulary
– Basic knowledge of SEO and appropriate writing for web
– Experience using social media for business, operating Facebook Creator Studio, Hootsuite or equivalent to schedule posts and review insights
– Ability to work in a team, reporting to multiple members of staff and completing tasks to deadline
– Basic knowledge of imagery for web, including resizing imagery and creating graphics when needed
– Experience with an email marketing platform
Preferable skills and interests:
– Photoshop and InDesign
– An interest in running
– Adestra experience
– Some marketing copywriting experience
How to apply
Apply with a covering letter, plus your CV, and any writing you think is relevant. Send this to firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will take place over Zoom.