Women’s Running is looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant
We’ve got a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning and dynamic publishing company working on a world-class media brand.
Women’s Running is the UK’s biggest community for women who love to run. With a popular website, magazine, social channels, e-newsletters and a podcast, we support, encourage and inspire women to run their very best.
We’re looking for a passionate full-time Digital Marketing Assistant to join our digital team at Women’s Running to help grow and build our audience.
We are happy to consider remote working, although the Women’s Running office is based in Bath, so the Digital Marketing Assistant may be required to attend regular in-person meetings.
The Digital Marketing Assistant will help the digital editor and assistant with tasks across the board. They will be a champion for our social media presence, posting content across all platforms and developing new content streams.
The Digital Marketing Assistant will stay on top of social trends and use our platforms to increase website pageviews, newsletter lists and memberships.
The Digital Marketing Assistant will also be responsible for uploading articles to the website by our writing team, applying SEO best practice and then publishing them.
The Digital Marketing Assistant will also help with back end SEO on the site, keeping on top of broken links and general site health.
The Digital Marketing Assistant needs to be a quick worker, happy to pick up new skills on the fly, and able to think creatively and innovatively.
- Manage social media posting and scheduling
- Stay up-to-date with social media trends and strategies, reporting to the Digital Editor
- Fulfil commercial bookings, reporting to the Digital Assistant
- Promote the Women’s Running podcast on social channels
- Fulfill magazine marketing tasks, such as on-sale and membership messaging
- Run lead generation campaigns to increase newsletter, marketing and third party email lists
- Create and promote competitions and giveaways on the site and social channels, picking winners and reporting to the Editor or the commercial team
- General website ‘housework’: fixing broken links, applying SEO, suggesting positive changes to increase visits and reduce bounce rate
- Ability to pick up new digital skills quickly
- Ability to work in a team, reporting to multiple members of staff and completing tasks to deadline
- Experience using social media for business, operating Facebook Creator Studio, Hootsuite or equivalent to schedule posts and review insights
- Experience using Facebook or Instagram advertising tools
- Experience using WordPress and basic knowledge of SEO
- Understanding of brand development for social media
- An interest in running, women’s issues and women’s fitness
Preferable skills and interests
- Strong grasp of SEO and writing for web
- Basic knowledge of imagery for web, including resizing imagery and creating graphics when needed
- Familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign, Canva or other design software
- Ability to write quickly and concisely
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 30th July 2021.